Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Numbers, fractions, probability ...

I asked my dad the other day if he would make a wooden advent calendar for my family.  In his typical style, he did not say anything.  Then I got a call "this project, what size do you want the space for the boxes?"So the pressure was on me to come up with a number.   Three inches I said. Well, hmmm.. maybe two, eh, two isn't big enough, grr... 2 and half.  It didn't really matter I was just happy to hear he started working on it.  Honestly, I did not think it would happen this year.  Of course, that is chicken counting - you know, before the egg hatches.   So then I realized, he was a roll, and I had to make 24 little fabric bins.  Normally I have time to make something like this, but I knew I couldn't put this off.  So I used up a nap-time to create the pattern, (I'm crossing my fingers it will fit into the cubby space that is 3 (?) inches tall.  My goal is to get them done this week.  So I can put the finishing touches on  the calendar during the last week of November. Here is a peek at the first three fabric bins.
3/24 (12.5% complete, if they are the right size)
I spent a good deal of time working on the pattern and finding fabrics today, so I hope I can get more sewn up tomorrow.  Hmm... what is the probability I will actually get them finished this week?  We'll see.  We have 15 days until it needs to be ready to go.

2 comments:

LaurieStar said...

These are so cute! I love the little owl one! :)

Zemphira ~ Scatter Art. said...

Thanks Laurie, now I just hope I can keep it up. I love the owl too, but I'm not sure how it's going to fit in with the rest of the bins....